Markets we serve
APG is the choice for quality construction, on-time completion, and a fair price.
- 800 French Creek Road
Morrison, IL 61270
- (815) 772-7470
Services & Equipment
Pipe Fabrication and Installation
- Authorized holder of ASME “S” stamp
- Extensive work with ASME B31.1 and B31.3 piping construction codes.
- Multiple welding processes: GTAW, SMAW, and GMAW
- Experienced with multiple material types: Carbon, stainless, low alloys (chrome molys), high alloys (Hastelloy, Inconnel)
- Highly skilled craftsmen: All welders certified to ASME Section IX requirements
- Fabrication shop controlled environment produces highest quality welds
By performing a substantial percentage of a projects’ welds in our shop we are able to reduce the number of field personnel required for installation. This allows us to shorten the installation timeframe and provide a top quality finished product.
- Quality craftsmanship following AISC guidelines.
- Strict adherance to OSHA regulations for staging, rigging, and erection.
- Self perform steel detailing work – handrail, grating, decking, etc.
- AWS certified welders.
We have extensive experience in setting the following types of equipment
- Digester covers
- Heat exchangers
- Tanks and vessels
- Air compressors
Vegter Steel Fabrication is a wholly owned subsidiary of American Piping Group, Inc. The 45,000 SF facility in Morrison, IL is capable of handling steel fabrication projects up to 1,600 tons.
Vegter Steel Fabrication, Morrison, IL is certified by the American Institute of Steel Construction to have the personnel, organization, experience, capability, and commitment meeting the requirements of the Steel Building Structures category as set forth by the AISC Certification Program.
- Controlled Automation Conventional Drill/Saw Beamline is capable of handling up to 44” beams in depth and up to 500lbs/ft. in weight
- Python X Robot/Plasma Beamline is capable of handling up to 36” beams in depth and up to 160lbs/ft. in weight
- (2) Controlled Automation CNC Plasma Tables (8’x24’) capable of processing up to 2-1/2” thick plate stock along with being able to drill holes and bevel cuts
- Controlled Automation CNC Angle Line capable of processing structural angle up to L8x8x1
- Geka 110 Ton Ironworker with CNC automated semipaxy table
- SCITEEX Rotary Shot Blaster capable of cleaning steel to SSPC-SP10 profile
- Controlled Automation Power Feed Conveyors (450ft)
- 9,000 SQFT. paint area allows us to apply standard primers, epoxies or urethane top coats
- (2) Interior 10 Ton overhead cranes encompassed by 60’x450’ work area
- (2) Interior 20 Ton overhead cranes encompassed by 60’x300’ work area
- (2) Exterior 10 Ton overhead cranes encompassed by 60’x350’ staging area
- (12) Flatbed semi-trailers
- (2) Gooseneck trailers
We utilize SDS2 automated steel detailing software to prepare our shop drawings.
Copyright 2023 - American Piping Group & Vegter Steel